Within walking distance:
- Denstone Hall Farm Shop – 10 minutes’ walk, lovely local cheeses, home cooked food in the café. Providing local produce.
- The Bowling Green, Ashbourne– 15 minutes’ drive, Excellent Steaks from Scotland.
- The Royal Oak, Alton – 10 minute drive, Excellent food and large portions
- Tavern– 10 minutes’ walk – General opening times however, only open for food on a Sunday during the summer months.
- The Duncombe Arms, Ellastone – 5 minutes’ drive – Food is highly recommended but booking in advance is needed.
Further afield try a variety of pubs, restaurants. Just look at their websites or ask us to get the right ideas.
- The Rose and Crownat Mayfeld, on the way to Ashbourne
- The Ramblers Retreat, coffee shop by a beautiful lake in Dimmingsdale
- Mr Woo’s Chinese restaurant, Uttoxeter 01889 565 676 – everybody says how excellent it is.
- Indian Spice, Uttoxeter, 01889 569992
The beautiful wooded hamlet of Quixhill is just three miles to the ever-popular Alton Towers.
Alton Towers – 3 miles
Sudbury Hall & Museum of Childhood – 10 miles
Ashbourne, Sticky Fingers new cafe and craft, children paint their own crockery – – 6 miles Sticky Fingers
Edward & Vintage an old fashioned sweet emporioum – Tissington Chatsworth – 30 miles Edward & Vintage
The area offers so much variety in the way of outdoor pursuits – hire bicycles to take advantage of the region’s many famous cycle trails, relax with a round of golf on one of the superb courses, have a go at rock-climbing or pot-holing, or swap two legs for four and see this beautiful part of the country from horseback. Alternatively, take advantage of the many wonderful walks for all abilities which criss-cross the spectacular Peak District and Derbyshire Dales countryside. The perfect destination for all ages.
Take advantage of the many wonderful walks for all abilities which criss-cross the spectacular Peak District and Derbyshire Dales countryside. The perfect destination for all ages. We will be adding the routes for you to read soon.
Just come and stay with us. Leave the car where it is, walk and return for a hot bath before finding one of the local pubs for a great meal.
Manifold and Hamps Trail route 8 miles there and 8 miles back. From Waterhouses to Hulme End. Flat, tarmaced and 3 country cafes along the route. Ideal for families with young children. Brown End cycle hire even has cycle buggies or tandems.
Brown End Cycle Hire
Just up the road from us the Farm on the Hill organises bicycle hire. look on their website to find out more details. Farm on the Hill Cycle Hire
Cycle up the old railroad to Oakamoor and then back on red Lane to Ramblers Retreat ideal for lunch – & then back home on the railway track.